Showing 41 to 55 of 55 for
Part II Orders (Officers) by HQ Lieutenant Governor's Staff, Jersey. Serial No. 7. Signed by Major H G Le Brocq, DAA and QMG [Deputy Assistant Adjutant and Quarter Master General].
Date: 17 July 1946
Scrapbook kept by Helene Marie Sinnatt, née Jackson, during the Occupation. Book 3, Page 4. Includes: newscuttings from the Evening Post, including messages published in the News from Relatives and Friends (through the Red Cross) column; a label from packaging for Verband-Watte [cotton bandages] used as ersatz cotton wool; and a pay envelope for civilians employed by the German authorities.
Date: 14 November 1941 - 15 November 1941
Scrapbook kept by Helene Marie Sinnatt, née Jackson, during the Occupation. Book 3, Page 21. Includes newscuttings from the Evening Post, including an extract of an article concerning a case in the Royal Court against Frank Newey, George Achilles Ameghino and Arthur Albert Huson charged with selling and buying goods on the black market. [Please see also L/C/306/A/3/20].
Date: 5 November 1941 - 5 December 1941
Scrapbook kept by Helene Marie Sinnatt, née Jackson, during the Occupation. Book 3, Page 62. Includes: a copy of Red Cross message from Anne Elizabeth Martin to May Brough of Wiston, Bagatelle; newscuttings of messages published in the News from Relatives and Friends (through the Red Cross) column in the Evening Post; and an identity certificate for vehicles ready for civilian use.
Date: 7 October 1941 - 28 February 1942
Scrapbook kept by Helene Marie Sinnatt, née Jackson, during the Occupation. Book 4, Page 54. Includes: a Red Cross message from Mrs H M Sinnatt of 40 La Motte Street to Francis Jackson in Leeds, with reply on reverse; and newscuttings of orders and notices published in the Evening Post.
Date: 19 January 1942 - 17 August 1942
Scrapbook kept by Helene Marie Sinnatt, née Jackson, during the Occupation. Book 4, Page 61. Includes: a letter from J Messervy Norman, President of the Department of Transport and Communications to D L Sinnatt of 40 La Motte Street, St Helier regarding details of a planned inspection of vehicle J648 with a view for its valuation; and newscuttings of notices published in the Evening Post.
Date: 12 August 1942 - 25 September 1942
Scrapbook kept by Helene Marie Sinnatt, née Jackson, during the Occupation. Book 5, Page 19. Includes newscuttings of articles and notices published in the Evening Post.
Date: 24 April 1943 - 8 May 1943
Scrapbook kept by Helene Marie Sinnatt, née Jackson, during the Occupation. Book 6, Page 67. Includes newscuttings of articles and notices published in the Evening Post, including articles regarding the fourth voyage of the Red Cross ship SS Vega to the Channel Islands, and notices published in the On the Field of Honour column concerning the deaths on active service of members of the armed services.
Date: 5 April 1945 - 25 April 1945
Channel Islands Occupation Society Album 2. Photographs relating to the German Occupation of the Channel Islands which include: German officers, soldiers, battalions and regiments, hotels, rehearsals for Operation Sea Lion, the construction of the dam at St Catherine's Reservoir, vehicle requisitions, Liberation forces, and fortifications and defences in Alderney before and after Liberation.
Date: 1941 - 1997
Talk by Major Frank Sargent of the Royal Army Ordnance Corps to the Channel Islands Occupation Society on the clearing Jersey of German relics after the occupation. Talks about his pleasure at being in Jersey, explains how the RAOC is a part of the army responsible for supplying it with everything it needs apart from food, fuel and transport, the different depots that make up the RAOC, the fact that Ordnance Beach Detachments accompanied the invasion and supported them, in the summer of 1943 numbers 16 and 17 Ordnance Beach Detachments were formed of which Sargent was in no 17, assault training in Scotland, left there whilst the invasion was taking place, being posted as second in command in 16, Ordnance Beach Detachment No 16 being attached to Force 135 and renamed Force 135 Field Ordnance Depot, coming to the Channel Islands to serve the liberation forces and to clear up the German arms that were left, most of the Field Ordnance Depot going to Guernsey and Sargent volunteering to come to Jersey to sort out the local depot, being asked for a report on the situation by the Lieutenant Governor General Sir Edward Grasset in October 1945, talks about stores of german equipment at Beaumont, La Collette, Fort Regent, Springfield Stadium, The Espanade, German Underground Hospital with lists of the amount of weapons, vehicles and equipment collected, a body known as the London Munitions Assignment Board being given first call on all usable german equipment, being told to destroy all german war potential with a wish to cleanse the island, all big guns being destroyed with only some smaller guns being kept at Mont Orgueil Castle, pushing guns into the bay at Les Landes where one has now been brought up and put at Noirmont, some cut up and reused for metal, some put in tunnels in St Peter's Valley and exploded and left in there, the ammunition was loaded into tank landing craft at Gorey and St Aubin and dumped in Hurd's Deep, a deep area off the Cherbourd Peninsula, unstable ammunition blown up at St Ouen's Bay with help from german prisoners of war. Michael Ginns comments on tanks that were taken back to France, the weapons at Mont Orgueil Castle which were later presented to the Société Jersiaise and specifies where the guns were in the tunnel at St Peter's Valley. Question about some equipment that went to South Africa and the range finder at Noirmont Command Bunker. Slides being shown with Major Sargent and Michael Ginns commenting on them including remarks on the gun at Noirmont, vehicles, weapons, ammunition being blown up on the sand dunes, an accident with the ammunition, loading ammunition onto ships and at sea, Fort Regent, Les Landes and the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, guns that were blown up the tunnels in St Peter's Valley, th bunker at Corbière, Springfield, a steam roller and the Albert Pier.
Date: 19 October 1979
Digital copy of an article by Mark Lamerton titled Shell Case Sculptures of the Channel Islands. From The Armourer, Issue 45, May-June 2001, pp. 49-51.
Date: 1 May 2001 - 30 June 2001