Collection Search

Comments

St James' Church Records

Reference G/C/10
Scope and Content The foundation stone of St James' Church was laid on January 7th 1827 by James Hemery and the Church was opened for divine service on All Saints Day, November 1st 1829 with Reverend J W Birch preaching Psalm CXXII 1st Verse. The Church was licensed for Holy Baptism in 1871. The building was transferred to the Ecclesiastical Commission of Great Britain in 1902 and was consecrated by the Right Reverend Macarthur, Suffragan Bishop of Southampton on January 19th 1904.
Names St James' Church
Keywords Church of England | church archives | ce church registers collection | Religion | Churches
Category G-Ecclesiastical
Level of description Fonds

Context:

G/C/10This item»