Report by the Head Postmaster, Jersey, on Christmas, etc., special arrangements, 1957. Includes report on the working of the Christmas and New Year arrangements of the Jersey Post Office, statistics relating to traffic and staff, public service, casual force, and transport, including daily summaries for the period 13 December  to 2 January , and comparison with previous season, and related correspondence.
|Date||14 January 1958|
|Scope and Content||• Form P2367W. Statistics relating to:|
A. Traffic and staff - letters posted, and gross staff hours of counter and writing staff, sorting office and outdoor staff, and combined staff.
B. Public - services - despatches 18-24 December, deliveries 19-25 December, estimated number of items on hand at time of delivery or despatch on Christmas Day failed to connect with town/rural.
C. Casual force - number of persons employed by gender.
D. Transport - mileage of official motors and contract vehicles.
• Form P2368W. Daily summary to provide traffic and staff particulars, 13 December  to 2 January . Handwritten.
• Form P2368W. Daily summary to provide traffic and staff particulars, 13 December  to 2 January . Printed.
• Christmas report P2367 1957-8 - comparison of staff hours, 14 January 1958.
• Report signed for the Head Postmaster, 14 January 1958
1. Sufficiency of arrangements made
2. Comparisons with the previous year's arrangements
3. Curtailment of special arrangements during pressure period
4. Public response to the Post Early campaign, and difficulties arising from public failure to post early.
5. Comparison of volume of registered traffic with previous year, and measures taken to overcome difficulties.
6. Details of serious delay to postal traffic.
7. Particulars of serious failure or undue delay in transfer or disposal of mails at ports.
8. Difficulties in obtaining casual force.
9. Details of deliveries on Christmas Day completed after 2pm.
10. Suggestions for improvement for future years.
11. Any matters on which a report may be required.
|Names||Jersey Post Office|
|Keywords||Christmas | Letters | mail | parcels | Postal | postal services|
|Level of description||File|