Comments

Financial Services

Context:

D/L/01This item»
Reference

D/L/01

Scope and Content

The Commercial Relations Department was established in the 1960's as a result of work undertaken by Cooper Bros into the main functions of the Civil Service and the States. The Department was responsible for promoting company legislation and overseeing its operation, registering companies and business names and undertaking the en-desastre (bankruptcy) functions previously undertaken by the Judicial Greffe, States Treasury and Viscount's Department. The Commercial Relations Department in 1991 was responsible for the supervision of the Island's finance industry, including the licensing of banks and registration of companies and business names. By 1993 the Department had changed its name to the Financial Services Department and by 1999 the Department had been replaced by the Financial Services Commission. The Financial Services Commission collection consists mainly of files of dissolved companies. As a large number of companies are formed and dissolved in Jersey each year, only a sample of these files have been kept. Files that have been retained include all those before 1950, companies which were in existence for more than 10 years and a sample of one in ten of all other files. Files relating to dissolved companies include; Articles of Association, registration certificates, summaries of share capital and shares and registration of dissolution.

Names

Jersey Financial Services Commission

Keywords

shares | businesses | companies

Level of description

fonds

Search query time: 0.0330811 seconds • Page build time: 0.017004366715749 seconds