Admission Registers for Halkett Place Infants' School. This register has been indexed by the name of the pupil. Please consult PDF for entries.

Reference: D/J/09/B1/A/2

Date: January 8th 1934 - December 22nd 1941

School Admission Register for St Paul's Infants' which in 1913 changed name to St Helier's New Street Infants'.This register has been indexed by the name of the pupil. Please consult PDF for entries.

Reference: D/J/19/B1/1

Date: November 2nd 1908 - October 6th 1919

Volume of Annual Returns from individual island schools. The names of theattending children are recorded along with attendance summaries, inspectors reports, accounts, examination results and the names of teachers and pupil teachers. This volume has been indexed by name of person mentioned. The volume can be viewed at the Archive to access extra detail.

Reference: D/J/A/14

Date: 1889 - 1889

Volume of Annual Returns from individual island schools. The names of theattending children are recorded along with attendance summaries, inspectors reports, accounts, examination results and the names of teachers and pupil teachers. This volume has been indexed by name of person mentioned. The volume can be viewed at the Archive to access extra detail.

Reference: D/J/A/16

Date: 1891 - 1891

Photograph which relates the removal of a mine from Bouley Bay Harbour by crane and features Captain George Marie watching Frank Lawrence and Mr L Smith carefully handling the explosive. Photograph of a Trinity House ship in the Harbour, and photograph of boys on board RAF Pinnacle.

Reference: L/A/75/A2/HARS/19/5

Date: August 12th 1956 - October 23rd 1956

Subject: Harbours

File number: 19

Page number: 5

Images of a man holding a large fish at what is suggested to be Lawrence's, a shop on York Street. Jersey Evening Post

Reference: L/A/75/A3/5/3681

Date: April 14th 1980 - April 14th 1980

Photographer: a photographer named Paul

JEP Photographic Job Number: 1980/3681.

Clarrie Glendewar describes his experiences in crash boat RFC113 during the evacuations of Dunkirk and St Malo. Recorded on 24/06/1995. Includes: Fleet Air Arm opened a training school at the Jersey Airport and approached the Harbour office for a local crew for a crash boat stationed near Rocco Tower; Captain was Town Pilot Bill Cox, his brother Ted Cox and Harry Le Boutillier were deckhands and Clarrie Glendewar engineer; the crew seved the Admiralty from 29/04/1940 until discharged on 12/06/1945; took over the motor launch 'crash boat' RFC113 on 02/03/1940 - the boat was given to the Admiralty by a Welsh newspaper owner, Mr J H Storee, who named it after his First World War flying squadron; On 30/05/1940 they were ordered to join the fleet for the Dunkirk evacuation, but due to engine trouble they had to return to Portsmouth; on 06/06/1940 a wireless was fitted and a naval wireless operator added to the crew; two days later they sailed for St Helier; on 17/06/1940, they were ordered to St Malo for the evacuations - relates details of the evacuations and passing the St Helier Yacht Club volunteer boats which took part; describes the demolition of the St Malo lock gates to prevent the oncoming Germans having use of the inner lock; the only other Jersey boat that stayed behind was the Harbour Office launch the Duchess of Normandy - Skipper Frank Lawrence Senior, deck hand Cassel, engineer Frank Crowhurst; an English School teacher who had left everything behind in St Malo begged a trip to Jersey; took in tow one of the Yacht Club volunteers who had broken down; stayed behind as sheperd to the fleet until well past the Minquiers; on 21/06/1940 left for Guernsey and then on to England; next assignment was the Fleet Air Arm station HMS Condor at Arbroath, Scotland. See item R/03/J/2a for transcript.

Reference: R/03/J/2

Date: June 24th 1995 - June 24th 1995

Original audio tape - see item description.

Reference: R/03/J/2/1

Date: June 24th 1995 - June 24th 1995

Transcript of item R/03/J/2 - Clarrie Glendewar describes his experiences in crash boat RFC113 during the evacuations of Dunkirk and St Malo. Recorded on 24/06/1995. See item R/03/J/2 for details.

Reference: R/03/J/2a

Date: June 24th 1995 - June 24th 1995

Page build time: 0.014373481273651 seconds