Cour du Cattel Register. One of the divisions of the Royal Court in which the Bailiff sat with three jurats it was the court of appeal from the seigneural courts and also dealt with some criminal cases prior to 1797. Post 1797 criminal cases were heard in the newly created Poursuite Criminelles [D/Y/G1]. This court was abolished in 1862. This volume has been digitised and indexed. The index and the volume can be viewed by clicking on the attached PDF records.

Reference: D/Y/E1/41

Date: October 15th 1799 - October 10th 1815

Cour du Cattel Register. One of the divisions of the Royal Court in which the Bailiff sat with three jurats it was the court of appeal from the seigneural courts and also dealt with some criminal cases prior to 1797. Post 1797 criminal cases were heard in the newly created Poursuite Criminelles [D/Y/G1]. This court was abolished in 1862. This volume has been digitised and indexed. The index and the volume can be viewed by clicking on the attached PDF records.

Reference: D/Y/E1/42

Date: October 10th 1815 - October 13th 1818

Cour du Cattel Register. One of the divisions of the Royal Court in which the Bailiff sat with three jurats it was the court of appeal from the seigneural courts and also dealt with some criminal cases prior to 1797. Post 1797 criminal cases were heard in the newly created Poursuite Criminelles [D/Y/G1]. This court was abolished in 1862. This volume has been digitised and indexed. The index and the volume can be viewed by clicking on the attached PDF records.

Reference: D/Y/E1/43

Date: October 13th 1818 - October 13th 1829

Cour du Cattel Register. One of the divisions of the Royal Court in which the Bailiff sat with three jurats it was the court of appeal from the seigneural courts and also dealt with some criminal cases prior to 1797. Post 1797 criminal cases were heard in the newly created Poursuite Criminelles [D/Y/G1]. This court was abolished in 1862. This volume has been indexed and the index and volume can be consulted online as PDF files.Please consult index to find the relevant page/date

Reference: D/Y/E1/44

Date: October 13th 1829 - May 14th 1861

Poursuites criminelles register - Philippe Le Gallais accused of a case brought against him

Reference: D/Y/G1/10/224

Date: September 29th 1836

Poursuites criminelles register - entry for Philippe Le Gallais and George Machon fined for moving gravel form the coast at St Clement

Reference: D/Y/G1/5/207

Date: September 23rd 1811 - January 16th 1816

Index to the criminal section of the Royal Court called the Poursuites Criminelles. Click on the attached index to view names, volume number and page number of the relevant case or cases. Consult D/Y /G1 volumes for case details. If the required volume has not been digitised please contact the Archive. Le, de and du names are all indexed under the second part of the name (Le Brun will be in the B section of the index)

Reference: D/Y/G2/2

Date: 1812 - 1834

Draft register of deaths in St Helier volume 38. Records personal details of the deceased together with cause of death, and the name of the attending doctor and undertaker. Please refer to the pdf name index attached to obtain a date or entry number and then search the pdf file/s. Dates are not always in chronological order.

Reference: E/D/A1/31

Date: July 14th 1895 - March 12th 1897

Petition signed by the rate paying inhabitants of St Helier, regarding the will of Mary Bartlett and the building of the General Hospital originally destined for St Aubin. Mary Bartlett left the sum of 50,000 livres, 10,000 for the building of the hospital and 40,000 for the maintainence of the building and for the care of the inmates. A suitable piece of ground could not be obtained in St Aubin and a piece of land in St Helier was offered by Philip Bandinell Seigneur of the Fief de Meleches, this was covenanted and accepted by James Pipon the surviving executor of the original testament. On the 31st of May 1750 His Majesties Lord Justices ordered that the said hospital was to be built on the land given by the said Philip Bandinell in St Helier not in St Aubins as in the original bequest. The current petition relates to the fact that the hospital was originally built for the poor of the island regardless of parish and that funds have been set up to provide for the inhabitants including several generous bequests. The petition states that the building has so far been used to house four divisions of a detachment of the first regiment and that no offices have yet been built or the ground enclosed, and that of the original sum of 10,000 livres bequeathed by Mrs Bartlett for the building, 40,000 livres have been expended. The petition states that the states of the said island instead of making said hospital a place for all the poor of the island [which has been expected for 30 years], declared that the hospital will house no more than 22 people. Each parish will send a number of persons depending of the amount of rates that they contribute to the island. The petitioners wish to express the view that they should not have to support the widows and orphans of soldiers who have come to the island and the hospital should be made general for the whole native poor of the island as Mary Bartlett had intended.

Reference: F/E/N1/1

Date: 1770 - 1770

Ecclesiastical Court Roll Book-Volume 3. This volume has been indexed, scanned and attached as PDF files. Consult index to find date and description of case and locate case entry in relevant PDF file

Reference: G/B/A1/6

Date: June 25th 1725 - July 28th 1744

Ecclesiastical Court Roll Book-Volume 4. This volume has been indexed, scanned and attached as PDF files. Consult index to find date and description of case and locate case entry in relevant PDF file

Reference: G/B/A1/7

Date: October 8th 1744 - June 18th 1764

Bail à fin d'héritages by John Phillips to Pierre Hemery and Philippe Le Gallais of a piece of land in the Fief de Collette des Augrés for the erection of a church. Registered Livre 178, folio 220

Reference: G/C/01/C/20

Date: July 16th 1842 - July 16th 1842

Bail à fin d'héritages by John Phillips to Pierre Hemery and Philippe Le Gallais of a piece of land in the Fief de Mélècheson. Registered Livre 179, folio 250

Reference: G/C/01/C/21

Date: February 25th 1843 - February 25th 1843

Accord between Pierre Hemery and Philippe Le Gallais with the Venerable Francois Jeune concerning restricting the height of any buildings that may be built on land next to the church. registered Livre 184, folio 40

Reference: G/C/01/C/22

Date: February 10th 1844 - February 10th 1844

Resignation of seigneurial rights by Hugh Godfray, procureur of Philippe Le Gallais and Pierre Hemery to the Venerable Francois Jeune for the building of a church, with the articles of foundation of that church. Registered Livre 185, folio 73

Reference: G/C/01/C/23

Date: October 18th 1844 - October 18th 1844

Marriage Register for St Helier Town Church - entry for Philippe Le Gallais, 28 and Betsy Lucas, 23

Reference: G/C/03/A3/7/65

Date: August 9th 1845

Contrat de Rectification between Jean Godfray procureur of Philippe Le Gallais of the first party and Jacques Hemery, Rector of St Helier, Pierre Le Sueur, Constable of St Helier, Jean Aubin and Philippe Mourant, procureurs du bien public and Philippe Jean D'Arthenay surveillan of the second party. Rectifies an error in an earlier assignation de rente. Registered Book 199 folio 125

Reference: G/C/03/G/17

Date: February 1st 1833 - February 1st 1833

Bail et Vente between Hugh Godfray and Philippe Le Gallais in place of Philippe Anley tenant after bankruptcy of Jean Millais, tenant after bankruptcy of Josué Laverty of the first party and Anne Sorel daughter of Jean of the second party. Records the sale from 1 to 2 of a house bordered on the west by the public road, St Helier, Fief de Mélèches for the sum of 18 quartiers 6 cabots of wheat of rente. Registered Book 142 folio 51

Reference: G/C/07/F/17

Date: July 15th 1826 - July 15th 1826

Baptism Register of St John Parish Church. Entry for Philippe Le Gallais, son of Philippe Le Gallais and Betsey Lucas

Reference: G/C/12/A2/3/263

Date: August 15th 1847

Assignation de rente between William Anley, procureur of Aaron de Ste Croix, Philippe Nicolle, Philippe Winter and Clement Bailhache, son and heir of the late Clement, all founders and proprietors of St Paul's Church of the first party and Philippe Le Gallais, procureur of Philippe Raoul Lempriere, Seigneur of Rozel of the second party. Records the assignation from 1 to 2 of 7 quartiers, 5 sixtonniers of wheat rente. Registered: Livre 135, Folio 44.

Reference: G/C/21/D1/6

Date: February 1st 1823

Search query time: 0.3125124 seconds • Page build time: 0.014291016260783 seconds