Showing 1 to 20 of 70 for church buildingsX
Testament of Amelia Hoskins de Ste Croix, 5 Hastings Terrace, St Helier. Dated 16 May 1916. Desires to be buried in St Saviour's Churchyard. Bequeaths to the Churchwardens of St Luke's Church £50 to improve and beautify the building; to the Vicar of St Luke's Church £50 for parochial organisations and £10 for the benefit of the Sunday School. To the Society for the Propagation of the Gospel in Foreign Parts £50; to the Additional Curates Society £50; to the Jersey Society for the Education and Welfare of the Blind £10; to the Jersey Dorcas Society £10; to the Sick Fund of the Jersey Branch of the Girls Friendly Society £10; to the Société Jersiase £50; to the Royal Alfred Aged Seamens Institution £50; to the Churchwardens of St Helier £10 for the poor of the Parish. Codicil added 20 May 1916. Bequeaths to the Societé Jersiaise a case of stuffed birds and animals, a map of England embroidered by her grandmother D'Auvergne in 1793 and other embroidery, 2 large oil paintings of her father's ships, the Calista and the Ste Croix; to the Poor Clergy Relief Association her clothing. Codicil added 7 December 1917. Bequeaths to the Society for the Education & Welfare of the Blind £50 in lieu of the former legacy.
Date: April 4th 1919 - April 4th 1919
Will and Testament of Mary Elizabeth Hunt, The Nest, Pont Marquet, St Brelade. Dated 3 January 1912. Desires to be buried in St Brelade's parish churchyard. Bequeaths to the Reverend Arthur Balleine, St Brelade's Rectory £100 to help provide a church house and £50 to provide a gold and white altar frontal for St Brelade's parish church. Codicil added 24 November 1919
Date: February 7th 1920 - February 7th 1920
Extract from the Parish Assembly relating to the states of the Church buildings signed by Rector of St Clement David Hocquard
Date: October 19th 1817 - October 19th 1817
Date: July 2nd 1980 - July 2nd 1980
Copy of letter from the churchwarden to A Rawlings, Ville de L'Eglise, St Peter concerning repainting the church
Date: June 26th 1985 - June 26th 1985
Date: June 30th 1978 - June 30th 1978
Date: June 7th 1979 - June 7th 1979
Date: March 31st 1981 - March 31st 1981
Date: January 31st 1970 - January 31st 1970
Date: July 1st 1970 - July 1st 1970
Date: October 1st 1984 - November 8th 1985
Papers and photographs relating to the restoration of the Fishermen's Chapel, St Brelade, includes; architect's reports, archaeology reports, conservator's reports and site reports
Date: May 21st 1971 - December 1st 1986
Papers and photographs relating to the restoration of the Fishermen's Chapel, St Brelade, includes; reports, plans, correspondence and site visits
Date: August 14th 1974 - May 18th 1988
Papers and photographs relating to St Brelade's Church, includes; correspondence relating to conservation, the church bell, a rood screen, archaeology report and the former German Cemetery
Date: June 20th 1973 - October 3rd 1994
Article entitled 'The History of the Parish of Our Lady and St Martin' regarding the history of St Martin's Roman Catholic Church including notes on the early years of the parish, the building of the church and the priests of the parish including Father Guiramand, Father Tardivon, Father Larose, Father Féat, Father Collin, Father Caux, Father Trevien, Father Gullient, Father Pierrat, Father Méline, Father Quinton, Father Helouet, Father John Crean and Father Donal Sorohan.
Article entitled 'St Mary and St Peter's: once The Irish Chapel-Vauxhall' by Father Isherwood St Mary and St Peter's Church regarding the church building, the money that came in to the Church when a large number of Irish came to the Island and then the decrease in funds when they left to go to the USA, Canada and Australia leading to difficulties in funding the church building and the parish school.