Photographs which relate to improvements that were made to the Island's electricity supply by a new 5,000 kilowatt generator, and feature a large alternator, and an oil storage tank.

Reference: L/A/75/A2/JEC/3/1

Date: December 11th 1961 - December 11th 1961

Subject: JEC

File number: 3

Page number: 1

Photograph relating to a power failure which features Allen Clarke studying a mixer motor, and photographs of a new diesel generator [possibly a Mirrlees National Monarch diesel engine driving an alternator].

Reference: L/A/75/A2/JEC/3/2

Date: December 29th 1961 - October 27th 1962

Subject: JEC

File number: 3

Page number: 2

Photographs relating to the installation of new generators, and photograph concerning an incident involving cable drums on Don Road.

Reference: L/A/75/A2/JEC/3/3

Date: October 18th 1962 - November 27th 1962

Subject: JEC

File number: 3

Page number: 2

Temps Passé feature concerning improvements that were made to the Island's electricity supply including the installation of a new diesel generator. Page number 3A of JEC Subject File number 3 of the Jersey Evening Post (JEP) Photographic Archive.

Reference: L/A/75/A2/JEC/3/3A

Date: December 29th 1961 - October 27th 1962

Photograph which portrays a drop in water level at Val de La Mare Reservoir and photograph relating to minor improvements made to the dam at Dannemarche Reservoir, Waterworks Valley.

Reference: L/A/75/A2/WAT/8/1

Date: 1967-08 - September 23rd 1967

Subject: Waterworks

File number: 8

Page number: 1

Image of the exterior of two shops at Les Quennevais: the House of Jerome and Les Lievres Limited. The images relate to Sam Senett having acquired an interest in the two shops and to planned improvements.

Reference: L/A/75/A3/1/205

Date: January 28th 1976 - January 28th 1976

Photographer: Reg Cridland

JEP Photographic Job Number: 1976/205

Images of pupils aged between 10 and 11attending an assembly at St Martin's School for the Junior page. The children had been asked to discuss school life and offer suggestions for improvements. They were to transfer to either Le Rocquier, St Helier Girls of St Helier boys School from September. The images include Martin Houze, Carol Ward, Sharon Marriot and Joanna McWatt.

Reference: L/A/75/A3/1/220

Date: January 28th 1976 - January 29th 1976

Photographer: Frank

JEP Photographic Job Number: 1976/220

Images which concern improvements made to the sea front and promenade near to West Park after the railway track had been filled in [see JWP 20/8/1938 p 1]. The images were produced from the negatives depicted in Contact Sheet 8 of Red Contact File 10 from the Jersey Evening Post (JEP) Photographic Archive.

Reference: L/A/75/A4/10/CS8/2

Date: 1938-08 - August 20th 1938

Contact Sheet 14 from Red Contact File 11 of the Jersey Evening Post (JEP) Photographic Archive. The Contact Sheet contains images of strips of negatives found in the Red Contact File, includes notes, Jersey Weekly Post references, and dates from 1938.

Reference: L/A/75/A4/11/CS14

Date: 1938-12 - 1938-12

Images of work to improve the promenade at the Esplanade on the site of the old railway track [see JWP 10/12/1938 p 1]. The images were produced from the negatives depicted in Contact Sheet 14 of Red Contact File 11 from the Jersey Evening Post (JEP) Photographic Archive.

Reference: L/A/75/A4/11/CS14/3

Date: 1938-12 - December 10th 1938

Images which relate to the dismantling and demolition of Picquet House on the Esplanade near to West Park slipway in connection with the St Aubin's Bay promenade improvements [see JWP 13/5/1919 p 7]. The images were produced from the negatives depicted in Contact Sheet 9 of Red Contact File 13 from the Jersey Evening Post (JEP) Photographic Archive.

Reference: L/A/75/A4/13/CS9/2

Date: 1939-05 - May 13th 1939

Colour photocopy of a report relating to proposed extension and improvements to Jersey Harbour by Ernest F Lyster and C E M Just, civil engineers, prepared for Joshua Le Bailly, President of the Chamber of Commerce, 1860. The proposed improvements included a viaduct extending to Elizabeth Castle and an outer breakwater and harbour extending from the castle's islet.

Reference: L/F/480/1

Date: November 15th 1860 - November 15th 1860

Page build time: 0.012969466050466 seconds