Letter from Peter Hope, Clerk of the Presbytery of Lockerbie, confirming the ordination of Reverend James Stewart to the Congregation of St Helier. Includes an extract of the minutes from the Presbytery of Lockerbie confirming this fact which was to be read from the pulpit to the congregation.

Reference: J/H/F3/3

Date: September 22nd 1852 - September 23rd 1852

Letter from J Wright regarding the position of the Presbyterian Church of Alderney to the church in St Helier.

Reference: J/H/F3/30

Date: August 26th 1873 - August 26th 1873

Letter from William Ballantyre regarding the position of the Presbyterian Church in Guernsey and Alderney

Reference: J/H/F3/31

Date: September 2nd 1873 - September 2nd 1873

Statement of the membership in the Presbyterian Church, Alderney prepared by William Turnbull and James Lorry and submitted to the session of Jersey recording cases of intoxication of members of the congregation

Reference: J/H/F3/32

Date: January 13th 1874 - January 13th 1874

Letter from James Lorry regarding the position of the Presbyterian Church of Alderney and his feelings about the island..

Reference: J/H/F3/33

Date: 1873 - 1874

List of people who signed the call to pastorship of the Reverend James Stewart

Reference: J/H/F3/4

Date: 1852 - 1852

Letter from James Begg giving advice to the Presbyterian Church in St Helier on how and in who's name to buy a site for the new church.

Reference: J/H/F3/5

Date: February 10th 1853 - February 10th 1853

Extract from the minute of the General Assembly of the Free Church of Scotland placing the congregation of St Helier under the authority of the Presbytery of Edinburgh.

Reference: J/H/F3/6

Date: May 31st 1853 - May 31st 1853

List of communicants worshipping at the Temperance Hall, St Helier on the 5th June 1853 under the guidance of Reverend H McBryde Brown.

Reference: J/H/F3/7

Date: June 5th 1853 - June 5th 1853

Historical account of origin and progress of the Presbyterian Church in St Helier until 1853.

Reference: J/H/F3/8

Date: 1853 - 1853

Letter from John Grant to the Deacon's Court of the Free Church Congregation in St Helier regarding the state of the church and the possible removal to a new church

Reference: J/H/F3/9

Date: November 28th 1853 - November 28th 1853

Deed of contract passing between John de Gruchy on the first part and Reverend Alexander John Murray, Francis Gautier de Ste Croix, Frederick Charles Clarke, James Baker Hine, William Collie, William Turnbull, Robert Maitland Saville representing the Free Church of Scotland on the second part. 1 selling 2 15 perches of garden in Midvale Road.

Reference: J/H/F4/1

Date: December 11th 1856 - December 11th 1856

Letter from the Presbytery of London announcing the intention of holding a meeting in the Presbyterian Church of St Helier in Midvale Road on the 17th August 1870

Reference: J/H/F4/10

Date: July 28th 1870 - July 28th 1870

Statement by the Reverend John James Muir that he had announced in the church that a meeting was to take place on August 17th 1870 to appoint new trustees to hold the property and business of the church .

Reference: J/H/F4/11

Date: August 14th 1870 - August 14th 1870

Report reviewing the position of William Collie, a trustee who raised a clameur de haro arguing that the transfer of the Presbyterian Church in Midvale Road from the Free Church of Scotland to the Presbyterian Church of England was illegal.

Reference: J/H/F4/12

Date: 1871 - 1871

Naming of Reverend John James Muir, Elie Jean Bertram, Patrick Neill, Thomas Everett Quirk, George Gibb, Louis Hooper Le Bailly, William Le Quesne, Robert Clark, Elias Pequin Falle, James Thomas Stevens and Francois Le Sueur junior as the new trustees of the Presbyterian Church of St Helier.

Reference: J/H/F4/13

Date: March 9th 1871 - March 9th 1871

Act between Reverend John James Muir, Elie Jean Bertram, Patrick Neill, Thomas Everett Quirk, George Gibb, Louis Hooper Le Bailly, William Le Quesne, Robert Clark, Elias Pequin Falle, James Thomas Stevens and Francois Le Sueur junior, the trustees of the Presbyterian Church of St Helier of the first party and John Neel Garnier of the second party. 2 selling land to 1 and both asking the Royal Court to appoint an expert in order to value the price of the land. Includes the expert's report.

Reference: J/H/F4/14

Date: April 13th 1872 - April 13th 1872

Clameur de haro brought by William Collie demanding that work knocking down a wall in the Presbyterian Church of St Helier should be stopped. Being a trustee named in the contract buying the land in 1856 he believed he had the right to interject, however, he had since been replaced as trustee and new trustees Elie Jean Bertram, Patrick Neill and Thomas Everett Quirk claimed he was outside his rtights to stop the work taking place. The Advocate General ruled on the part of the latter.

Reference: J/H/F4/15

Date: September 16th 1872 - September 16th 1872

Translation of the deed of contract passing between John de Gruchy on the first part and Reverend Alexander John Murray, Francis Gautier de Ste Croix, Frederick Charles Clarke, James Baker Hine, William Collie, William Turnbull, Robert Maitland Saville representing the Free Church of Scotland on the second part. 1 selling 2 15 perches of garden in Midvale Road.

Reference: J/H/F4/2

Date: December 11th 1856 - December 11th 1856

Search query time: 0.3437496 seconds • Page build time: 0.013195184866587 seconds