The top of Queen's Valley Reservoir, off La Route de la Hougue Bie.

Reference: P/03/B77/24

Date: September 5th 2000 - September 5th 2000

Queens Valley Reservoir from the St Saviour Hospital end.

Reference: P/03/B80/02

Date: September 17th 2000 - September 17th 2000

Queen's Valley Reservoir at the St Saviour hospital end.

Reference: P/03/B80/04

Date: September 17th 2000 - September 17th 2000

Le Hurel Pumping Station, La Grand Route des Sablons, St Clement.

Reference: P/03/B80/05

Date: September 17th 2000 - September 17th 2000

Photographic slide of Grands Vaux reservoir

Reference: P/09/A/1642

Date: December 31st 1978 - December 31st 1978

Photographic slide of Grands Vaux reservoir

Reference: P/09/A/1859

Date: May 23rd 1979 - May 23rd 1979

Photographic slide of an aerial view of Grands Vaux Reservoir

Reference: P/09/A/2216

Date: 1970 - 1990

Photographic slide of an aerial view of Grands Vaux Reservoir

Reference: P/09/A/2217

Date: 1970 - 1990

Photographic slide of an aerial view of Val de la Mare Reservoir and St Ouen's Manor in the 1960s - referenced J Job, St George's Preparatory School, 1982.

Reference: P/09/A/410

Date: 1982 - 1982

Photographic slide of a view of part of Val de la Mare reservoir

Reference: P/09/A/4129

Date: 1970 - 1990

Photographic slide of an aerial view of Grands Vaux School and reservoir.

Reference: P/09/A/666

Date: June 9th 1977 - June 9th 1977

Photographic slide of an aerial view from Handois Reservoir towards St Aubin's Bay and Elizabeth Castle.

Reference: P/09/A/750

Date: June 10th 1977 - June 10th 1977

Photographic slide of an aerial view of Grands Vaux Reservoir and the north east of Jersey.

Reference: P/09/A/751

Date: June 9th 1977 - June 9th 1977

Photographic slide of an aerial view of Handois Reservoir.

Reference: P/09/A/796

Date: June 9th 1977 - June 9th 1977

Photographic slide of an aerial view of Handois Reservoir.

Reference: P/09/A/797

Date: June 10th 1977 - June 10th 1977

Photographic slide of an aerial view of Val de la Mare Reservoir.

Reference: P/09/A/805

Date: June 10th 1977 - June 10th 1977

VHS Tape: 1) 16mm colour reel made by the Channel Islands Occupation Society in 1971 as they were being given charge of certain bunkers by the Public Works Committee and entitled 'Jersey Today 1971-26 Years Later'. Includes footage of a reservoir, german fortifications and bunkers at Fliquet, Rue Laurens, St Catherine and Gorey, shots of St Helier Harbour, a parade of cars, a bunker in disrepair, fortifications at Portelet House, a fort on a cliff and disgarded guns at the bottom of a cliff, shots of St Brelade's Beach and sea wall, fortifications at Corniere, Route du Sud, Route de l'Étacq and Grande Route des Mielles, the St Peter's Bunker Museum, a bridge at Val de la Mare, fortifications at Mont Matthieu, guns at the bottom of a cliff, the German Underground Hospital, emplacement overlooking St Ouen's Bay, a house on the Rue du Nord, a telegraph pole, a CIOS excursion to a memorial for François Scornet, St Ouen's Church, meeting in Gorey Car Park, a ship called Echo and a yacht sailing, an island of gun sites [Cezembre], a parade in St Malo and looking around the town and leaving St Malo on the boat.

Reference: Q/05/A/148

Date: 1971 - 1971

VHS tape of 2 separate films: 1) Filmed by Stanley Jepson in 16mm B&W. Film shows building of Val de la Mare reservoir and expansion of incinerator at Bellozanne. Footage of European holiday and the Jersey Battle of Flowers. 0h 13m 27s 2) Filmed by Stanley Jepson in 16mm B&W. Film shows the Battle of Flowers and traditional tearing apart of the floats and the communal pelting with flowers. Also St Brelade's Fete. 0h 12m 58s. This film is located in the Audio Visual Area of the Jersey Archive.

Reference: Q/05/A/37

Date: 1951 - 1958

Mr Clarke talks about the history of Jersey Waterworks. Includes: creation of the Jersey Waterworks Company in 1869 following a cholera epidemic in St Helier in 1867; the comany bought properties in Waterworks Valley and Vicart and sunk wells; declared en désastre in 1874; The St Helier Waterworks Comany Limited set up in 1875 but never supplied any water; The Jersey New Waterworks Company Limited registered February 11th 1882; well sunk at Millbrook and a service reservoir built at Mont Félard; Millbrook Reservoir constructed 1885; Dannemarche Reservoir built 1909, Alfred Jenkins was the Engineer-Manager of the company at the time; Handois reservoir built in 1929 following a number of dry years; Westmount service reservoir also built at this time; Handois Filtration Station and small dam built at St Peter's Valley 1934; 1939 another small dam built at Le Mourier by Robert Burrow, who was Engineer-Manager of the company for 34 years - this was not actually completed until after the occupation; the Grand Vaux dam was started in 1948, designed by T and C Hawksley of London, and completed in 1953; improvements to the filration station and pumps, enlarging the catchment area; Val de la Mare reservoir built 1957 - 1962; new pumping station was then built a La Hague along with a new service reservoir at Westmount and more water filters at Handois; new filtration station at Augrès begun in 1964; in 1969 the desalination plant at La Rosiere, Corbiere was begun. Goes into differences between types of dams, capacities of reservoirs, and details of catchment areas. Muffled sound quality, background noise.

Reference: R/03/A/17

Date: 1970 - 1970

JEP Newscutting: article about repairing the dam wall of Val de la Mare reservoir - 05/2011

Reference: US/892

Date: 2011 - 2011

Search query time: 0.6875284 seconds • Page build time: 0.023431881268819 seconds